Social Media Marketing Internship
kids jamm is a family yoga and wellness brand powered by Nubia Lives Yoga, LLC. kids jamm partners with schools and community based organizations to share the tools of mindful movement and meditation with children and families. By sharing breathing techniques and prescriptive exercises for self-regulation, we help children and families to understand their emotional triggers, communicate their needs and feelings and experience joy in their relationships. We also provide community workshops and events to build and cultivate yoga spaces where children are welcomed.
As a start-up, we need a talented individual with a professional demeanor, positive personality, passion for health and wellness and a love for children who can hit the ground running and manage our social media.
This position is remote. Chicago-based applicants preferred. Local travel is required for as-needed event support. College credit optional.
- Will create as needed and manage a monthly content calendar via a social media management application.
- Manage 5 primary social media platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & YouTube
- Post content 3x daily for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Respond to and/or properly route every notification and direct message to identify potential partnership and revenue opportunities
- Use effective, inspiring and engaging content that converts on Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn) and is consistent with kids jamm online persona. Each post should be in the language and specs for each respective platform; each platform should be updated and interconnected where possible.
- Market research for development of posts, though some content will be provided.
- Manage presence on related social networking sites and community sites (Facebook groups) in addition to the primary 3. Post comments on relevant blogs and seed content into social applications as needed
- Develop strategies for inspiring our followers to connect, participate and become customers.
- Monitor social media tools, trends and applications
- Email list building
- Creation & Management of Newsletter via MailChimp
- Basic maintenance of website and blog (Shopify)
- Creation of Marketing Materials for classes, events and workshops in Chicago (Canva)
- Identify client leads for programming, potential partnerships and brand sponsorships
- Graphic Design, Social Media Marketing, Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience
- Strong project management and/or organizational skills
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge of current trends
- Must know how to edit, design and create social media posts and marketing materials
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Prefer you have a good knowledge of principles of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of WordPress
- Basic knowledge of MailChimp and creating evergreen content
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc
- Ability to troubleshoot, think creatively and adapt to changes in projects and priorities
- Able to attend Zoom meetings once or twice a week (we will work with your schedule)
- Possesses great presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management skills
- Creative with an eye for Photography a plus!
- Punctual, Self-Motivated
- Passion for health, wellness and children a plus!
Email a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!